Jackson Pottery, Inc offers a 2-year limited warranty on our Jackson Cast Stone products defined as concrete planter, concrete benches, and accompanying concrete items, to be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use from the date of delivery to your project. It is the Project Designer and/or Project Owner’s responsibility for proper placement of concrete products within the built environment, which includes responsibility for understanding the nature of the product material purchased. Jackson Pottery, Inc. is not responsible for any consequential damages incurred from the Buyer’s and/or Project Owner’s lack of product understanding and/or responsibility for installation. Replacement or credit (with evidence of field destroy) at the discretion of Jackson Pottery are the sole remedies of this warranty. In the case that a product is to be replaced due to Manufacturer defect or failure, Jackson Pottery, Inc. will replace product according to terms of Warranty specified herein, and is not responsible for any consequential damages incurred by replacement of product, beyond warrantied product itself.
This warranty does not cover the following
- Surface abrasions caused by failure to remove packing cardboard, shipping straps, and/or protective plastic wrapping, or other packing material in a timely manner. (If packing material is not immediately removed, but is left on for extended period, exposure to climatic heat, rain, salt etc., will adversely affect the surface finish of concrete planter.)
- Damage incurred from dropping or rough handling of merchandise during installation, causing chipping and/or fracturing. (All damages must be noted while items is attached to the pallet at time of delivery.)
- Damage that occurs as the result of product alteration, impact, misuse, neglect, accident, act of vandalism, acts of God, or natural disaster.
- Improper maintenance to item. (If you have questions on maintenance or cleaning your product, please refer to the user guide or contact us).
- Cracking and fracturing caused by an improper foundation, soil or other foundation settlement, or relocation of item.
- Cracking and fracturing caused by use of expansive soil or other additives in or around the planters. Quality, light weight planter soil should be used to avoid a negative affect incurred as soils retain moisture and experience freeze/thaw cycles.
- Damage incurred from drilling/boring into concrete product wall and/or base.
- Surface damage from use of chemicals, harsh brushes, and/or power washers.
- Damage caused by obstruction of the planter drainage hole. (Improperly drained planters prior to freeze/thaw cycles can lead to fracturing of planter pot. Adding irrigation lines up through the drain holes may constrict the ability of the planter to drain and the obstruction is likely to cause damage due to aforementioned freezing and thawing.)
- Naturally occurring changes in the concrete surface, including efflorescence or patina development from environment exposure; naturally aging the exterior of the concrete product. Any observation of significant cracking that alters the structural integrity of a Jackson Cast Stone product should be reported to the company immediately.
- Appearance of non-structural hairline cracks.
- Planters used as fire pits/features or water fountains/features.
- Interior planters with irrigation/drainage systems installed, other than manual watering.
- Modification of the finish or to the existing surface.
- Damage incurred to edges of concrete products from contractor installation, including use of forklifts, pallet jacks, lift gates, carts, cranes, cutting tools, pry bars, hand tools, and other unprotected equipment that directly interacts and/or impacts concrete surfaces and edges.
- Damage incurred to edges of concrete planters from skateboard impact and/or similar activities.
- Concrete planters and accessories are not designed to take impact to edges from recreational equipment such as skateboards or rollerblades. Jackson Pottery, Inc. does not warranty our products against such types of impact nor the application of protective edge guards which can also fracture product edges. In no event shall Seller be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages of any nature, including, but not limited to, personal injury or property damage. Buyer’s recovery from Seller for any claim shall not exceed the purchase price paid by the Buyer for the goods, irrespective of the nature of the claim, whether in warranty, contract, or otherwise.
Most Jackson Pottery, Inc. product that is Jackson Cast Stone is copyrighted under law. Jackson Pottery, Inc. reserves all rights.
All products and designs displayed in Jackson Pottery, Inc. brochure literature, pricelists, product sheets, shop drawings, and web pages are strictly the property of Jackson Pottery, Inc. Rights to manufacture these products reside solely with Jackson Pottery, Inc. Any kind of reproduction of this property without written consent will be a violation of these rights and will be pursued with legal action.
- Unwrap and unpack all items in the presence of the freight carrier.
- Report all freight claims immediately at the time of unloading.
- Do not leave packing material in contact with product after delivery, even if product is not to be immediately installed to avoid unwanted discoloration, marring, and/or surface damage to units.
- Handle items with care. Use of machinery such as forklifts and pallet jacks to transport materials on a pallet is recommended.
- Contact Jackson Pottery, Inc with any maintenance questions.